"When I think of people in the community who make room at the table for all, make them feel part of something completely imperative to the city and the world, I think of World Savvy." -MAP Teacher
World Savvy thrives based on the efforts of our talented staff, board members, advisory council and volunteers who are passionate about education and believe in the critical importance of developing global citizenship, knowledge and skills. Our staff represents a diverse group of interests, experience and expertise, including international affairs, international social work, social justice, journalism and arts education. We are located in three offices: San Francisco, Minneapolis-St. Paul and New York.
Careers and Opportunities
World Savvy is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals dedicated to global education. We are currently hiring for the following position:
Instructional Designer - Remote
World Savvy's staff works in interdependent and interconnected teams to accomplish our goals. This position is a part of the Curriculum, Training & Assessment (CTA) Team (within the Program Team), which is responsible for designing, implementing and evaluating World Savvy’s range of programs. This team works collaboratively with the Implementation (Program), Outreach (Program), and Strategic Partnerships Teams.
Schedule: Full time
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Projected Start Date: TBD
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of innovative online learning experiences, including professional development and the Global Competency Certificate program for educators
- Collaborate on the development of World Savvy Classrooms on-line program for students and educators.
- Oversee the development of blended and on-line professional development for teachers and educational leaders.
- Interviews Subject Matter Experts, teachers, and students and analyzes responses to determine instructional design and technical design requirements for redevelopment of online courses and interactivities. Writes requirements documents.
- Works with instructor to co-develop on line courses according to best practices in teaching and learning.
- Coaches instructors on the development and implementation of on line learning experiences.
- Programs in web authoring languages and uses industry standard authoring programs to develop online courses and interactivities.
- Serves as the primary authority in technically maintaining Universal Design and accessibility.
- Creates, maintains and implements copyright requirements.
- Creates technical and instructional design development criteria based on evaluation of research in the field and ensures standards are met and implemented.
- Structures content and activities for student learning. Revises and rewrites content to shape it for learning needs.
- Creates media to support learning, including interactive, self-checks, animated slide-shows, videos, etc.
- Adapts instructional materials created for one format to another format.
- Participates in technology research, innovation, and evaluative support for technology components to increase level of engagement, adaptability, usability, and prescriptive learning in courses.
- A bachelor’s degree in instructional design or a related degree is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant instructional design experience required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Adobe Connect, and e-learning authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Hands on experience creating graphics in Photoshop or similar tools.
- Knowledge of and experience using instructional technologies including LMS systems, cloud e-learning offerings, and other computer-based training tools and services. Knowledge of Blackboard preferred.
- Knowledge of SCORM and AICC conformance required.
- Knowledge of Universal Design/Accessibility Design.
- Familiarity with copyright law required.
- Experience in higher education or K-12 education is required. Experience with both preferred.
- Experience with developing online instruction for adult learners desirable.
- Knowledge and skill in designing a course free of cultural biases.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to break down complex topics into logical sequences.
- Works independently with little direct supervision.
- Works collaboratively with others.
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academic goals.
- Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include the words “Instructional Designer” in the e-mail subject line. No phone calls, please.
Join our Board
The 2012-13 Board of Directors Recruitment Prospectus and Nominations Kit are now available to interested community members. This kit contains all necessary information regarding how to nominate oneself to the Board of Directors of World Savvy. Currently, World Savvy is seeking up to (3) community representatives for nomination during the 2012-13 cycle. Nominations are accepted throughout the year. 2012-13 Board of Directors Recruitment and Prospectus Kit.
Join our National Advisory Council
World Savvy benefits from the expertise and experience of a wide array of professionals across sectors, nationwide. Our Advisory Council supports program development, fundraising, evaluation and outreach in a variety of ways. Meet Our 2011-12 Advisory Council...
World Savvy’s Volunteer Program is supported by nearly 300 core volunteers who are dedicated to our mission. We are grateful for their enthusiasm and hard work. World Savvy offers a variety of both long-term and short-term volunteer opportunities. Read more...